When was the last time you felt your loved one was thriving or being that vibrant person you remembered growing up?
We all know our loved ones well: their likes and dislikes, their favorite recipes, their sports teams. And we can tell when they’re just not themselves anymore due to age-related or physical problems.
One of the joys of walking with a loved one as they age is seeing them reach their goals and have the time to invest in friends, family, and the hobbies and interests they care about most. But when the physical and emotional challenges of aging begin to take away from the the joys of life, and home becomes an inhospitable place, a caring assisted living community like Rock Island Village may be the ideal next step.
Seniors who participate in sustained, creative mental challenges like photography, or quilting showed improvements to an aging mind. Memory Care is available for those with dementia or Alzheimer’s to address their unique and specific needs, often far more than can be achieved in the home.
Assisted living is perfect for those who require some help with at least two or three daily living activities, such as bathing, dressing, eating, or medication management.
Rock Island Village can ease the burden of family caregivers, who can experience stress, burnout and financial strain.
Memory Care is available for those with dementia or Alzheimer’s to address their unique and specific needs, often far more than can be achieved in the home.
The Right Choice for Families
As the only fully licensed Assisted Living and Memory Care community in the region, Rock Island Village is uniquely designed to support, promote, and enhance the quality of life, independence, well-being, and security of seniors in the Central Missouri area. Our commitment is to create sustainable health and wellness for our clients that incorporates social, spiritual, artistic, continuing education, vocational, community interaction, and leisure to reflect a lifestyle that is fun and current–not the cliche of an “old folks’ home” from the past.
As a resident of Rock Island Village, your loved one will receive the assistance they need on a daily basis provided by a team of individuals trained in both hospitality and healthcare. On-site programs focusing on exercise and physical activities to improve mobility, strength and overall wellness are overseen by professionals who provide a customized program based on each resident’s needs, such as a fall prevention program.
Rock Island Village provides both group and individual life enrichment classes that encourage creativity, provide meaningful opportunities for engagement, and meet the interests and passions of your loved one. Community events bring the broader neighborhood to Rock Island Village.
Restaurant-style dining in our beautiful atrium provides three meals daily with accommodations that can be made for special dietary needs.
Rock Island Village Amenities
- Unique & varied meals in a restaurant-style setting with an emphasis on fresh, local food
- Private apartments, including 4 suites–great for couples or for those wanting more space
- Craft room– bring your mom’s sewing machine or your uncle’s hobby supplies
- Library and computer lab with printing
- Private dining room for special occasions and family visits
- Scheduled transportation for doctor’s appointments, church, etc
- Gardening club– raised bed gardening for their comfort and happiness
- Model train club– residents will help us build out our amazing train table
- Movie nights on the big screen–join us and watch with mom or dad
- Church and spiritual services offered in our chapel
- Hair and nail salon– guest hair experts or arrange to bring in mom’s own
- 4 different lounge areas for reading, playing games or just relaxing with the paper
- Community room– your Rotary, craft club, VFW, or FFA can book our room for a meeting
- Direct access to the Rock Island Trail adjacent to our house
- Pets are welcome!
Have More Questions?
We’d love to tell you more about life at Rock Island Village. Click below for more information or call us with your questions.